Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 2 - 5/27

Drove from Twin Falls to Zion National Park in SW Utah. About 550 miles. Total driving time for the two days was about 15 hours. Not too bad at all. Zion is amazing even driving through just the outside road (must take shuttle to get into main part of park). As a photographer I wanted to stop around every bend to take photos. Logan was loving the scenery as well, running up the sandstone and finding caves/tunnels. The weather was perfect in the mid 70's. Of course it was Memorial Day weekend and the crowds were in full force like a weekend afternoon at Costco (there is a reason I let my Costco card expire!). I knew if I could get through Sunday it would thin out during the week after the Holiday weekend warriors head back to suburbia. We stayed at Village of Many Nations in a tipi, located just outside the East entrance. It was a surprise for Logan that we were staying in a tipi, and of course he thought it was awesome when he figured it out. Checked in, headed back into Zion to get dinner. Then back to tipi land for night of entertainment from a native flute player and making smores. A great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home