Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 5 - Tues 5/30

We ate our last fresh cooked breakfast at Village of Many Nations in Zion. They even cut up some fresh fruit for us to take on the road. The lodging there is much more than I would normally pay for "camping" yet I did the tipi lodging for Logan. I admit I am thankful that he truly did enjoy and appreciate the experience. Then we headed out for the short 130 mile drive to the North Rim Grand Canyon (GC). After driving the 1100 miles to Zion the 130 miles felt like a very short drive and we were there in no time. For those that have not been to the GC there is quite a difference from the North vs South rim. I had never been to either until this trip yet my research for this outing confirmed that the North Rim was the right destination for us.

You feel the relaxing nature of the North Rim as soon as you get there (don't laugh I do relax once in a while). The Campground was full and the view points had some folks wandering about, yet this was a great place to be lodging for the night. I could tell that the one night we were staying would not do this place justice. We will be back!

We "hiked" around the rim view trail from the camp area to the visitor center, and even enjoyed a nap and reading before eating dinner in time to make the sunset. Our sunset location was not prime I soon realized, yet it was too late to make a mad dash for a better spot before losing all the great sunset light that you seek as a photographer. After enjoying the sunset taking in the physical and mental pictures of this amazing place we headed back to camp. I would not realize until the next morning I failed to notice that we headed back to PST in AZ from MST in UT. This meant that when I thought we were going to bed at 9:30pm, it really was 8:30pm! This was our first evening eating Mountain House for dinner on this trip. I won't go into details here. For those that are familiar with the freeze dried camping meals you are probably laughing right now because you know what this means!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home