Day 9 - June 3
I woke up at 5:30. No rainfly on tent and door open, the light cuts right through my eye lids and I am up. Logan wants to sleep yet I know this is my chance to seize the sunrise sweet light at 5:55. Within two minutes I had my shoes on, camera gear from the car, and was headed for the 1 mile hike to Broken Arch. I got there at 5:50 and by 5:58 the light was perfect and out came the clicks of the camera. I enjoyed the moment since I was the only one there. I would have enjoyed it more with Logan there yet I knew he was exhausted.
I hiked back to camp. We enjoyed our last camping breakfast meal of oatmeal and coffee/hot chocolate and then headed on the road. We would drive over 550 miles Boise, ID for the night. Once again it was a Motel 6. Ate an early dinner and then hit the hay while watching some amazing ant shows on the Discovery Channel.
I just remember lying there thinking how great this trip was. It was worth every penny and all the time we spent, and more. The fact that we both enjoyed it the whole way through said a lot. And I hope Logan will always remember it. I know I will.
I hiked back to camp. We enjoyed our last camping breakfast meal of oatmeal and coffee/hot chocolate and then headed on the road. We would drive over 550 miles Boise, ID for the night. Once again it was a Motel 6. Ate an early dinner and then hit the hay while watching some amazing ant shows on the Discovery Channel.
I just remember lying there thinking how great this trip was. It was worth every penny and all the time we spent, and more. The fact that we both enjoyed it the whole way through said a lot. And I hope Logan will always remember it. I know I will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home